Mondays and Wednesdays 6:30-7:45pm
Taught by Jenn Bourdeon
Leading Edge Physical Therapy, LLC, is excited to once again offer Yoga classes! The classes are offered to our existing patients and the general public.
Yoga has also been shown to be a wonderful adjunct therapy to a rehabilitation program or for overall fitness. Yoga is an ancient technique that has now become a mainstream treatment for prevention, treatment and reversal of orthopedic and sports musculoskeletal conditions. Yoga is a great modality for strengthening and increasing stability of the joints.
Some additional benefits of Yoga-based Rehabilitation are:
- Increased overall strength, stamina, flexibility and endurance
- Lubricates the joints and improves joint stability
- Elongates the muscles
- Decreases stress and anxiety
- Increases circulation, allowing greater oxygenation of the entire body
- Aids digestion
- Brings balance to the nervous and adrenal system
- Improves sleep
- Encourages weight loss